Delicious Treat for the Season
Apples aren't just a healthy snack. Add a little cinnamon to the mix for a tasty treat for the holidays.
Walnuts, goat cheese and cinnamon stuffed apple recipe
- 3 apples, cored
- 9 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Sliced walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking dish and place apples inside of it.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook until just soft and fragrant, about two minutes. Add garlic and cook until soft, another two minutes. Add the cream, walnuts , sprinkled cinnamon and cook until liquid has mostly evaporated, about two minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in goat cheese. Scoop about one to two tablespoons of cheese mixture into each apple. Top each apple with one piece of crumbled bacon. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake apples for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until apples are soft and cheese is bubbly, sprinkle a little more cinnamon and ENJOY!